Christmas has well and truly crept up on us! With just 33 days ‘til Christmas, there’s no time like the present to get organised for the festive season ahead and start sending those Christmas cards. When facing the extensively long Christmas card list, sometimes inspiration strikes aaaaand…sometimes it doesn’t. So we’re here to help with this handy blog to help you figure out what to write in a Christmas card, no matter the recipient, when you’re almost quite literally lost for words. Settle down with your favourite pen and a mug of something warm and lets get writing!
What to write in a Christmas Card
- We may be far apart this Christmas, but close at heart!
- Happy Christmas! Remember Santa’s watching…always
- Your presence is the biggest present! Merry Christmas to my favourite
- Wishing you a white Christmas…and when you run out of white, just turn to red instead!
- Eat, drink, be merry!
- May your Christmas sparkle with laughter and happiness
- ‘tis the season to sit in front of a dead tree and eat sweets out of stockings! Merry Christmas!
- To the biggest scrooge I know, bah humbug… and merry Christmas!
- I couldn’t have got through this year without you. Merry Christmas to you, a real life angel!
- Merry Christmas to my bestie of forever. Looking forward to catching up in 2023. We’re how old?!
- Oh deer, Christmas without you peeling spuds by my side makes me feel like a right grinch! Can’t wait to catch up in the new year.
- We wish you and your family a very merry (but not too merry) Christmas and a happy new year!
- All I want for Christmas is…your face! Can’t wait to catch up over eggnog and Articulate.
- Thank you for all you’ve done this year, you’re a real cracker!
- Merry Christmas, wishing this year is as merry and bright as you are every day.
- May your Christmas be filled with warmth, joy and festive cheer this year.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Wishing you and your family all the best for 2023.
- Happy Christmas! Sending you the biggest of hugs and mistletoe kisses this Christmas.
- Santa told me you’d been good this year, I told him he must be mistaken!
- You jingle my bells! Merry Christmas bestie!
- In a world full of grinches, be a Griswold.
- Merry Christmas to the person who genuinely wishes it could be Christmas everyday…go sleigh the day!
- I love you to the North Pole and back again. Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal!
- Have your elf a merry little Christmas! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- It’s that time of year again – may your Christmas be filled with food, family, friends and fun!
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
- Merry Christmas to the person who never ceases to have the worst Christmas jumper of all time!
- Merry wishes and santa kisses! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, can’t wait to catch up in 2023!
- Another year, another Christmas card! I hope you and your family have a Christmas filled with magical memories.
We hope these messages for what to write in a Christmas card help to spark your imagination! No matter if you have five people on your Christmas card list or 50, we hope this helps you get started with putting pen to paper! If you have any go-to messages for what to write in a Christmas card, please pop them in the comments or let us know on Instagram!
P.S. Now you know what to write in a Christmas card, look no further than our very own Christmas card selection here.