Today 5th December 2015 is Small Business Saturday! It is all about supporting, inspiring and promoting small businesses, which is something we are particularly passionate about! Today is the day to think about how you can support as many small businesses as possible – be it local independent shops on your high street, other enterprises in your community, or indeed small online businesses like us!
To celebrate Small Business Saturday we have 20% off on our website all weekend using the code SMALLBIZSAT and LOTS more planned. Read on to find out how we have been involved in the campaign and what we have planned for you today.
Supporting the Small Business Saturday Campaign
As you know, we are honoured to be one of this year’s ‘Small Biz 100‘ – a hundred top small businesses in the UK chosen by the Small Business Saturday team to represent the UK’s 5.4 million small businesses. This has meant we have been more involved in the campaign than ever before, and the last couple of weeks things have really heated up!
I was asked to appear with Michelle, the campaign Director on TV! We were interviewed on London Live’s news programme:
Then, yesterday I was invited to a special event at The Treasury attended by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne. It was an honour to meet him and hear about his support for the campaign, although I think I might need more practice at the whole ‘selfie’ thing:
Phew! What a couple of weeks it has been. We are now so excited that the day itself has arrived and have lots planned for you…
Our Treats For You on Small Business Saturday
We have lots planned for you today on Small Business Saturday!
1. We are hosting our first ever Loop Giveaway over on Instagram where you can win seven prizes from seven brilliant small businesses including us:
2. We will be hosting a caption competition on Facebook and another competition on Twitter – follow us to find out more!
3. We have profiled fellow small businesses on our blog over the last few weeks, you can find out more about them and get special offers for today HERE.
4. We are ‘popping up’ locally in West London so keep your eyes peeled for us if you are in the Chiswick / Hammersmith area!
5. Finally… We have 20% off our website all weekend using the code SMALLBIZSAT!
So, what are you waiting for?! We hope we have inspired you to support us or another small business today!